Volcano Monitoring Data Links
Monitoring data by observatory
- Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO) - Link to main page about volcanic activity in Alaska. Includes links to all monitoring data. Select volcano(es) of interest from map.
- California Volcano Observatory (CalVO) - Link to main CalVO page. Includes links to monitoring data for earthquakes, deformation, hydrologic, and other types of monitoring for volcanically active areas in California.
- Cascades Volcano Observatory (CVO) - Link to Pacific Northwest Seismic Network Volcanoes page with links to webicorders (seismic activity ) for major volcanoes in Washington and Oregon.
- Hawaii Volcano Observatory (HVO) - Link to Hawaiian earthquake page. Link to Kilauea deformation page. Mauna Loa update with links to monitoring data for Mauna Loa.
- Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) - Link to YVO monitoring data page including earthquakes, deformation, and hydrologic for the Yellowstone region.
Volcano-Monitoring Instrumentation Database (VMID)
Compilation of basic information (location, type, operator, etc.) about ground-based monitoring instrumentation used by the five U.S. Volcano Observatories to monitor the Nation’s volcanoes.
- USGS Open-File Report 2009-1165, a compilation (Excel spreadsheet) of information about instruments installed as of 31 December 2008. Includes explanatory text and VMID metadata.
- VMID spreadsheet current through 31 December 2009