Volcano Monitoring Data Links
Monitoring data by observatory
- Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO) - AVO volcanic activity web page includes links to all monitoring data. Select volcano(es) of interest from map.
- California Volcano Observatory (CalVO) - CalVO home page includes links to monitoring data for earthquakes, deformation, hydrologic, and other types of monitoring for volcanically active areas in California.
- Cascades Volcano Observatory (CVO) - CVO monitoring page includes information about monitoring Cascades volcanoes and links to data feeds from the USGS CVO. Pacific Northwest Seismic Network Volcanoes page includes links to webicorders (seismic activity) for major volcanoes in the Cascades Range.
- Hawaii Volcano Observatory (HVO) - Hawaiian earthquake page, Kilauea deformation page, and the Mauna Loa update with links to monitoring data for Mauna Loa.
- Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) - YVO monitoring data page including earthquakes, deformation, and hydrology for the Yellowstone region.
Volcano-Monitoring Instrumentation Database (VMID)
Compilation of basic information (location, type, operator, etc.) about ground-based monitoring instrumentation used by the five U.S. Volcano Observatories to monitor the Nation’s volcanoes.
- USGS Open-File Report 2009-1165, a compilation (Excel spreadsheet) of information about instruments installed as of 31 December 2008. Includes explanatory text and VMID metadata.
- VMID spreadsheet current through 31 December 2009