Images from the Volcano Hazards Program
Images are used by the Volcano Hazards Program to record activity and provide a basis for comparison. Each observatory collects and archives their own images. Below is a list of image archives on the observatory sites.
- The AVO image database includes images of Alaskan volcanoes and Alaska research. It is searchable by keywords.
- The CVO photo archives page includes links to all Cascade volcanoes lots of great images of the Mount St. Helens eruptions.
- HVO Kilauea images.
- The Long Valley Observatory image gallery includes pictures of the Long Valley Caldera area (Mammoth Mountain, Mono Lake, Mono Craters, Inyo Craters, and the Long Valley Caldera.
- Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) image gallery.
- Yellowstone aerial photography taken by a camera attached to a helium-filled balloon in September 2005.